Be encouraged in knowing that your serve's an incredible purpose - that is to glorify and serve our sovereign God! In all that you do, do it to serve the Lord. Whether you are single or married, that is God's call to his people - men and women alike - to serve Him! God is glorified when we obey his commands and when we are willing to serve Him through our actions. When we look to the scriptures, we see that God has specifically designed women to be the loving nurturers of the family.
How can we honor God in our homes?
- Establish a reverence for God in your home. There is nothing more important than this. Do this by studying God's word, not just reading it. Know the Bible. Really know Jesus Christ, don't just call Him your Lord if he isn't (Jesus warns us about this in Matthew 7:21-23). He wants your heart, not your good intentions.
- Married women, love your husband (Titus 2) and submit to him as Jesus submits to God (the Father).
- Mothers, love your children (Titus 2), teach the ways of God to your children, shepherd their hearts, and be an example that will influence them to always put Jesus first.
- Working mothers (outside the home), maintain a proper balance so that your family never suffers. Read Provebers 31. Ask God for wisdom in making decisions regarding this balance of family and career.
- Single women, don't rule out any preparation for future homemaking responsibilities. If you have a desire to be married one day, prepare your hearts and minds for marriage and ministry in the home. If you do not desire to be married, you have the wonderful gift of singleness! You can devote even more of your time to the Lord and you can use your home to practice hospitality.
- Joyfully accept every single task and doing it all for the glory of God!
- Serve your family and others before yourself.
- Being an encouragement to your family.
- Exercise the fruits of the Spirit: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, self-control.
- Pursue a joyful, pure, and humble heart.
- Be a proverbs 31 woman! Proverbs 31:10-31.
- A woman who fears the Lord is to be praised!
- Expect persecution, be slow to anger, gracefully accept criticism.
- Keep watch over all that goes on within the home; see to it that God is glorified in your home.