- I could go on and on and on about being thankful for all of the major blessings that God has given me such as my salvation, my relationship with Him, my husband, my daughter, the home I live in... so I'll start by just saying that I am thankful for this life and for the hope and assurance of eternal life!
- The celebration of Birthdays. I LOVE Birthdays.
- Dates with my husband.
- The Bible. The most amazing book ever printed.
- My daughter's smile.
- Baskets. They are a wonderful wonderful wonderful invention :)
- Delicious drinks such as coffee, tea, Dr. Pepper... they are such simple things that brighten up my day.
- Facebook. Just about every person I have ever known in my entire life is my friend on there. I LOVE being able to stay in touch with old friends and distant family members. Just a few clicks and I can read about what's been going on in their lives and send them a message if I want. How incredible is that!
- Beautiful sunsets, ocean views, and the gorgeous mountains. God is the most incredible artist!
- Cheese. I love cheese. Not all types of cheese...but many of them.
- Mexican food in San Diego, CA. Just the thought of it makes me smile.
- My church and all of the people we've met through it.
- Zoe's nap time. :)
- The Internet (or as Gage and those adorable little lolcats would say...the interwebs!) Anything I would like to know I can almost always find on the internet. It's been around for most of my life but I'm STILL amazed by it.
- My Nikon D40- we've had this camera for a year and a half and I'm STILL learning how to use it.
- Scarves. I just really like scarves...
- Zoe's dance moves!
- Home groups. They are a great way to get to know people from church and spend time with friends on a day other than Sunday.
- Chocolate cake, Banana cream pie, Cheesecake.....
- My friends, especially the ones that have been my friends since I was 7 years old.
- The photos of my childhood that my Mom and Dad took.
- Books, even the fiction ones... maybe someday I'll read some ;)
- The ability to travel. We are so blessed to have the ability to travel so far in such short periods of time.
- This blog. :)
Friday, January 16, 2009
I'm 24 today so I decided it would be fun to write 24 things that I am thankful for on this day!
One of the most important portions of our Classical Conversations community day is the opportunity to give weekly presentations. Practic...
Embedded Video Blogged with the Flock Browser
A couple weeks ago I attended a seminar on How to Teach Like Socrates. This was a 1 Day Practicum through Classical Conversations in Sio...
For our family, this time of year is full of two things: celebrations and a slightly overwhelming sense of cabin fever. Both Gage and I cel...