I have not had a lot of time to write blogs lately. I blame it on my "messy" house that was in major need of cleaning and organizing. This entire week I have been tackling one thing after another and life is not seeming so hectic right now, which is wonderful! I think the season of Autumn itself is just less stressful. The mixture of the warm colors in the trees and the cool breeze in the air is just so peaceful. The only thing that is a little tough to get used to is the sunset coming much too early! Even with that though, I am truly enjoying this season.
We went to the Pumpkin Patch and to an Autumn Festival a couple weeks ago. I decorated my house a little with some autumn leaf garlands and candles which smell lovely.
I have also discovered a love of Pumpkins this year! Here are a few reasons why pumpkins are "the bomb". They are orange - which automatically makes them awesome. They look great on your front porch or doorstep, hehe. They provide a reason for a fun annual outing with the family - to the Pumpkin Patch. These pumpkin patches also provide a great photo opportunity when you have a little baby ;o) Seriously, just check your friends with babies pages on MySpace and Facebook and you're guaranteed to find at least one baby sitting next to or ON a pumpkin! I've seen 5 so far.
Pumpkin Lattes, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Bread/Muffins, Pumpkin decorations for your home, Pumpkin scented candles... I just love them! They are round and cute too :)
Aside from Pumpkins, I'm enjoying the changing leaves and watching them fall. I've enjoyed watching Zoe discover leaves, hay, and rocks. She looks at them so intently and with a slightly confused look on her face.
I took some pictures of Zoe sitting in our leaf covered lawn a few days ago. She only looked up at me a couple times! She was studying all the leaves around her and picking up as many as she could. Have I mentioned before that my daughter is adorable? Well she is! Her smile makes me jump for joy and her laugh makes my heart melt. I love her dearly.
Gage is currently at work and Zoe is sleeping. Gage and I eat dinner pretty late usually because he works from 4-10 and 3:30 is just too early for dinner :) I pureed a whole bag of green beans today for Zoe. She has enough to last her a whole week. The Magic Bullet that we got as a Wedding gift is really coming in handy now.
Other things we have been up to lately:
- Gage finished his accelerated Psychology class - with an A!
- Zoe is very close to crawling. She can get up on her hands and feet (not so much her knees...haha) but she doesn't know what to do past that.
- We finally bought Penny (our dog) a kennel. We've only put her in it twice but she's done well both times!
- We bought a new furniture item. We bought this Cube Collection (in a dark cherry red color, not the white) along with the tan fabric cube drawers to put in it. I love it! We bought it with the intent of putting Zoe's toys in it so our dog cannot get to them.
- I have been trying new recipes :) Finally.
- Gage is now officially working part-time for his Dad... who pays him triple what he makes at the grocery store he works at.
- Zoe is all set with winter clothes, thanks to Grandma Jenny and Great-Grandma (Nana) Sandy
- We finally bought plane tickets to go to CA in a month. I'm going to be in a Wedding! :)