Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Only 99 days left...
Yes. Just 99 days left. ;o)
For the past few years I have started my Christmas plans in October, start buying and packaging things in November, and then I try to leave the month of December for enjoying the season stress-free (at least that is the goal haha). In December I love to decorate the house, put up and decorate the tree, attend special church services and those adorable children's Nativity plays (I very vividly remember being a sheep for two years and an angel for one year when I was a kid). I love to at least make an attempt to bake something, I love to watch Christmas movies, drink hot chocolate, spend quality time with family. Beginning my plans 3 months in advance has been a good system for me.
However this year I came across a couple of websites that have got me super excited for the Christmas season! I think I just may begin my planning a little early this year, hehe.
Buy Nothing Christmas
My goals for this year's Christmas are:
1) Create a Budget and stick to it. Spend as little money as possible.
2) Buy a Nativity Set (I've wanted one for a long time but always end up not having the money.)
3) Have a Christmas Party, a small one with friends and family, in our home.
4) Find ways to keep the focus on the birth of Jesus rather than Santa Claus.
5) Create a "My First Christmas" ornament for Zoe with her hand print on it.
Several days ago I read about the new Flip diaper system by Cotton Babies (the makers of BumGenius diapers). It's affordable, the d...
One of the most important portions of our Classical Conversations community day is the opportunity to give weekly presentations. Practic...
A couple weeks ago I attended a seminar on How to Teach Like Socrates. This was a 1 Day Practicum through Classical Conversations in Sio...
For our family, this time of year is full of two things: celebrations and a slightly overwhelming sense of cabin fever. Both Gage and I cel...