I am going to try and make these resolutions realistic. I will set about 20 resolutions and at the end of the year I'll look back on them and see how many I managed to fulfill.
My New Years Resolutions:
- Study the Bible daily.
- Read the entire Old Testament.
- Learn to be a better wife and mother.
- Spend an average of $200 on groceries each month.
- Have at least $3000 in the savings account at this time next year.
Make exercise a habit.
- Loose 10 lbs. to get back to pre-pregnancy weight (Preferably 30 lbs but 10 is a good goal haha)
- Read a minimum of 10 Books.
- Write a letter (snail mail) to someone every month (Particularly my Great-Grandmother and our Compassion sponsor child, Fabiola.)
- Try 100 new things (foods, sports, events, activities, etc)
- Go on 3 road trips, even if they are short ones.
- Learn how to use the Sioux Falls freeways. There are TWO of them, which is nothing compared to San Diego...you'd think I'd have this down by now, after two years of living here, but nope. My sense of direction here is pretty much non-existent. I always avoid using the freeways because I have no idea where they lead- what off ramps are on there or which direction they go haha.. I'm totally lost in this city most of the time.
Complete my Photography Diploma Program! I started in the summer of 2007 and have had to extend my time an additional 6 months - twice! If I don't complete this in 5 more months, that will be $1000 down the drain so... I really do need to finish it. Trouble is finding time to take a darn photo of a woman outdoors in this crazy cold weather. Why did that have to be my first project? Ugh.
- Meet at least one new friend this year.
- Complete the following Scrapbooks / Photo Albums: Our Honeymoon Album, Zoe's 1st Year Scrapbook.
Find, sort, and organize ALL of our photos (digital and prints) up until Dec 2008.
- Learn to Sew.
Travel somewhere I have never been.
- Work on my Family Tree
- Get outside more!
If you're into setting goals and working to accomplish them, check out 43things.com! I started my list two years ago but kind of forgot about it for the past year. I plan to start using that site again. It's a pretty cool site.
Ok that completes my list of resolutions for the year of 2009.
(I just couldn't resist!)